Eye wrinkles: their causes, types, and how to get rid of them Natural physiological changes occur in the body as we age, and the skin has a share of that, as the skin loses its elasticity, which results in the appearance of wrinkles, specifically in the face, and of course, eye wrinkles are the most prominent, and in this article, we will learn about the types of eye wrinkles, and how to treat them.
Eye wrinkles problem
With age, the skin begins to lose its elasticity as a result of many factors such as environmental and genetic factors, which plays a prominent role in the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines in a person’s face, and sources indicate that wrinkles under and around the eyes are the first signs of aging, given Because this skin is thin and rich in blood vessels, there are many suggested ways to treat eye wrinkles and try to avoid them as much as possible.
Types of wrinkles
Sources indicate that there are several types of wrinkles, including:
- Dynamic wrinkles are wrinkles that result from repetitive muscle contraction, for example when smiling, and often occur between the eyebrows and forehead, or on the side of the eye.
- Static wrinkles result from skin damage and remain visible on the face even with no muscle contraction. Dynamic wrinkles can turn into static wrinkles over time. Static wrinkles may also result from malnutrition, excessive exposure to the sun, or smoking.
- Folds, caused by sagging skin as a result of aging, usually occur between the nose and mouth, but may also occur under the eyes.
Causes of eye wrinkles at an early age
Although aging is the main cause of eye wrinkles, there are many other contributing factors that can be avoided, such as:
- too much exposure to ultraviolet radiation; As it causes the breakdown of collagen - the most important protein for skin health - which results in the skin losing its elasticity, and therefore specialists advise avoiding direct exposure to sunlight.
- Smoking, which indirectly affects the skin, causes damage to collagen and elastin, resulting in wrinkles. It may also negatively affect blood circulation, depriving the skin of vitamin A.
- Environmental factors such as dry weather, wind, or pollutants may lead to the appearance of lines and wrinkles under the eyes.
- Excessive facial expressions such as constantly furrowing the eyebrows or smiling cause fine lines to appear on the face.
Eye wrinkles treatment
The question “How do I remove wrinkles from under the eyes?” One of the most common questions, especially among women, as each of them, seeks fresher and more vibrant skin, and the sources indicate that there are many suggested methods, whether it is making changes in lifestyle, using a certain type of eye wrinkle cream, or visiting plastic doctors, and the following are some suggested solutions According to the sources:
Make lifestyle changes
Here are some suggested lifestyle changes that may have a role in reducing the development of wrinkles:
Get enough sleep.
Allergy treatment, as allergies cause inflammation around the eyes, and it also causes increased tearing and itching, and with increased itching of the eyes, it may lead to redness and dryness of the skin around the eye, and thus allergy treatment helps to improve the appearance around the eyes.
- Eat meals that are full of nutrients.
- Avoid direct and excessive exposure to sunlight.
- stop smoking.
Follow skin care methods
The sources indicate that there are many methods used for skin care and anti-wrinkle, whether they are home methods or by using lotions and creams available in the places of sale designated for that, but the sources stress the need to verify the quality of the product, its components and its source before purchasing and not to be led by false promises of amazing results in short periods. And if you are in doubt, you can consult the specialists.
- Use of moisturizers.
- Use products specifically designed to treat wrinkles.
- Do not use more than one product for the same purpose at the same time.
- Use products suitable for skin type.
- Choose products that do not cause allergies or acne.
Treatment of wrinkles around the eye in specialized clinics
Another proposed solution to treat wrinkles under the eyes at a young age is to visit specialized doctors who provide some procedures in their clinics, such as:
- Chemical peel
- Under eye filler
- Laser therapy
In conclusion, the appearance of eye wrinkles or wrinkles, in general, is a great inconvenience, and it is advised to follow the advice of specialists and obtain advice in this regard and not be led by false promises about products and methods that are widespread among the general public to get rid of wrinkles.