Caviar Extract for Skin: The Complete Guide When you think of caviar, the first thing that comes to mind is fine dining. Believe it or not, though, caviar also has a place in the skincare world . Caviar skincare is also known for being luxurious, and is often paired with higher price tags and amazing results. Of course, to find out why this ingredient is so expensive, you need to know the basics of caviar skincare.
What is caviar for skin care?
Caviar is unfertilized fish eggs, when used in skin care, the caviar is macerated as an extract. Caviar extract is a hydrating active ingredient that primarily benefits the skin by boosting hydration and moisture levels and plumping up fine lines, while reducing inflammation and protecting against oxidative stress thanks to its antioxidant properties - particularly vitamin E and selenium.
Benefits of caviar for skin care
- IMPROVES OVERALL SKIN TEXTURE: Formulated with omega-3s, amino acids, vitamins and antioxidants, caviar skin care treats all angles of skin texture.
- Locks in moisture: Omega-3s help reinforce the skin's protective barrier, locking in moisture and beneficial ingredients while blocking allergens, helping to plump skin and reduce the appearance of dryness and flaking.
- Protects from UV rays: Antioxidants are known to help protect the skin from UV rays. As such, you can consider caviar skincare as an extra layer of sun protection. However, the classic SPF is still essential.
- Prevents the breakdown of elastin: Another benefit of using antioxidants is that, they help prevent the breakdown of elastin, which means younger-looking skin in the long run.
- Boosts Collagen Production: A great anti-aging ingredient is caviar that also targets the production of collagen and ceramides in skin cells. This helps tighten and lift the skin while deeply hydrating it.
- Reduces inflammation: Ceramides play a key role in reducing eczema and atopic dermatitis, especially in reducing redness, making caviar skin care a positive path for women with sensitive and allergy-prone skin.
- Hypoallergenic: For the most part, Caviar skincare products are hypoallergenic and safe to use on all skin types. However, if you are allergic to fish or shellfish, you should consult a physician.
- Available without a prescription: Caviar skincare products are available without a prescription at major beauty stores and pharmacies.
Caviar skin care side effects
While caviar skincare can work wonders for redness-prone skin, the same is not true for women who have oily or acne-prone skin. This is because some caviar products can leave behind a greasy residue that doesn't absorb well into the skin, which can exacerbate the appearance of oiliness. Caviar contains a high percentage of oil and protein, which makes it best suited to treat problems such as dryness, fine lines, wrinkles , and loss of elasticity.
Additionally, as with any topical topical, it is always possible to experience an adverse reaction when incorporating a new ingredient into your routine. With this in mind, it's best to try a small test patch on your wrist before applying it to your face.
How to use it?
Caviar extract is available in a range of skin care products, including moisturizers, masks, and serums. The addition of caviar extract to the hydrating formula ensures that the powerful properties of caviar are fully absorbed by the skin, boosting hydration and giving you younger-looking skin over time.
While caviar extract is available in a variety of day and night products, it is usually best used at night, as it can leave a residue behind that can be quite heavy during the day. However, experts recommend layering caviar skincare products over retinol and serums to support a healthy skin barrier.
Speaking of layers, caviar skincare is best used alone or over retinol in order for the lipids, proteins, and omega fatty acids to do their work. If you put too many layers between your skin and it, it won't be able to absorb either.